This course will provide you with a basic understanding of evolution as a result of natural selection. At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand and discuss the concept of evolution of populations and species
- Identify examples of adaptation and how they develop.
- To apply the concept of selective pressure to the examples of biological fitness.
- Evaluate how gene flow and genetic drift effect a species evolution, and how it varies in large and small populations.
Subtopics that will be explored through the course include:
- Species and Populations Definitions
- Adaptation of Traits
- Niche Occupation
- Selective Pressure
- Heritable Traits
- Population Genetics
- Gene Flow and Genetic Drift