Free Inquiry #2

Free Inquiry #2: Ya, maybe a change is in order

I really put off starting this project for a few reasons. First of all, the course load for this program was substantially larger than I initially thought it would be. This meant I didn’t have all the extra time I expected to have. Secondly, I was working at my martial arts studio which also chewed into my free time. Lastly and most importantly I kept finding “reasons” not to work on it. Ultimately it came down to this: I didn’t want to do it. If I have learned anything about free inquiry this semester it is that for it to be effective, you have to really be interested in your topic. At the end of the day I was not feeling enthusiastic about the project so I made an executive decision.

TIME TO CHANGE TOPICS

So I took a gander at the list of previous topics for inspiration. This was initially just to give me an idea of which topics other people were choosing, but one in particular caught my eye. Disk Golf…

Strangely enough this topic did not even occur to me even though it was something that I started doing consistently this spring. This was an ideal choice of topics for me because I have continued to play and more importantly take pictures and recordings of my progress. I feel silly for not thinking of it sooner to be honest!

For each post I will be looking at different skills that I have worked on over the last few months and discussing my successes and failures along the way.

via GIPHY

One day… one day